Sunday, September 18, 2011

Task Three: Infographics

Obviously, these creative representations of information would be so much more interesting to our children that the boring notes that I ask them to either paste in their tablets or copy from the board. It also helps to see the relationships between things. I checked out the Starbucks/McDonald's link...wow, I learned lots of stuff very quickly. It was amazing how quick the processing time was compared to reading all of the numbers. Looking at the FarmVille vs. Farmers link also made a huge relationship connection between how many women and men or users and real farmers were there.

I would like to use this in my classroom focusing on how many hurricanes/typhoons/cyclones were formed in which area of the world. The children could see where most hurricanes form and how fast their winds become. When we study animals, we can use the map again and determine where the majority of animals are found.

1 comment:

  1. Great ideas to use infographics when studying animals and the types of weather. I didn't see the Starbucks/McDonald's link so I will have to go back and check that out. I think infographics would make somethings much more interesting to our students.

    ReplyDelete