Sunday, September 18, 2011

Common Core critique by Jeffrey N. Golub

Well, after reading that post we all know where he stands on the matter. I am always glad when I hear or see people defending the competency of teachers. We are professionals in our field. We know our children and what is best for them. We understand them and know what works but it seems like no one else believes that. I am appreciative that in our county we are making our way back around to that. I like that Golub also encourages teachers to be a part of creating curriculum development and assessment. Even after doing state mandated testing, I administer my own assessment for different purposes. Golub discusses mostly reading in this post but in my experience with the math standards, I am very pleased. I like that we will be doing more depth than breadth of material. The children will benefit also!

No comments:

Post a Comment