Sunday, September 18, 2011

The Digital Writing Workshop by Troy Hicks

This was a very enlightening chapter. Hicks (2009) is explaining how to move the writing workshop into the digital age seamlessly. He mentioned that teachers were trying to figure out how to add on technology and Hicks says that is not going to work. He suggests using three tools to help children access information RSS, social networking, and blogs. I fully agree that this is a wonderful example to use but at the same time I feel like it may be a little of my kids heads...??? I feel like they could do the WebQuest. But if they can do that, then why can't they use RSS and social networking. I feel like I have said this before but this is a little scary to consider doing this. I really like the idea of using blogs as a writing journal. I think the children would be more interested and it would prevent me from dragging home 18 journals every Friday! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment