Thursday, September 1, 2011

Goals

The student in me always wants to do well and make good grades. Although, we have learned it is not always the grade that matters but the mastery and understanding of concepts that were learned. Nevertheless, one of my goals for completing my Master's degree is walking across the stage with a 4.0 GPA. I will work hard and redo as many papers as necessary to be able to accomplish this goal!

As a teacher, I want to be National Board ready. Hopefully, I will find myself to be worthy of such an incredible title by December. If I have not mastered this process, I will continue in pursuit once more. With all the work I have been completing with my studies, I feel that I will be even more prepared.

As a teacher, I want to gain the knowledge and confidence to create independent thinkers. Thinkers that can create products that will capture their love of learning and understanding of mastered concepts and skills. I don't want to be that person who spoon feeds them! I want them to take ownership and control of their learning and I will facilitate their curiosities and foster a love of learning within themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment