Thursday, December 1, 2011

Great News!

I have had some wonderful days with my students! I have finally bonded with some that I thought I would never bond with! It is spectacular! It's better than the feeling you get when you find out Santa has come...my heart starts fluttering, my eyes light up, my heart beats faster, and my mouth opens wide! My student read a book for me! As many times as I have tried to coerce him...he finally felt like he could trust me and read for me! I gave him so many treats and praise that I had nothing left to give...and kept giving! :) It is such a triumphant feeling to accomplish a feat that seemed impossible! This is what teaching is allllllll about!

1 comment:

  1. It is so rewarding when they finally show you they hear you. I have a student who is just starting to talk. He finally told me what the letter A was . People do not understand the loads we carry on our shoulders. But, the small accomplishments make it all worth it.

    ReplyDelete