Saturday, October 8, 2011

Toward a Theory

Well...if I were to put this article into a wordle the largest word would be "change." I noticed that the beginning of the article discussed defining literacy. I think this is extremely important because literacy is not what it was when I was in second grade. It will take a while for this to spread and be recognized throughout the education community. When I say that, I mean that there are the oppositional educators who just want to shut their door and teach the way they always have. Children ARE learning differently now. We must embrace their learning styles and culture and teach to their liking.

1 comment:

  1. Very true...things are not the same as when we were in elementary school; therefore, we must cannot teach the same way that we learned things.

    ReplyDelete